Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Little Dream

Last night I dreamt I climbed up a jungle gym, hooked my legs on the bars and hung upside down. I saw the world upside down and it was beautiful.
There were cracks in the earth, and they spelled your name. My eyes widened, as the blood rushed to my head. I trembled with delight, and in that moment of perfection I knew such happiness.
I distinctly remember a light summer breeze, I also remember thinking it was strange because it is monsoon, you know. The air smelled strongly of peppermint and slightly of warm sweat, and I swung to the marching tune of a brass band.
My fingers tried to clutch at something intangible and I struggled so hard to find it even after the dream was over. And now that the dream is over I feel rather hollow, like I left something behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment